Friday, February 5, 2010

Tooth Fairy vs. Tooth Doctor

As a child, I was taught that when you loose a tooth, you receive a quarter from the Tooth Fairy.  When you grow older, however, that magical Tooth Fairy mutates into a middle-aged man wielding dental equipment.  He does the opposite, giving you new teeth, and taking much...much, much, much, more than a quarter for it.

I've never had a cavity in my life until recently.  All at once I found out there were four!  It was my fault, between not flossing and letting too much time go by before getting them checked out.  I kind of thought I was immune to cavities.  

I got everything done by Dr. Bolouri.  I recommend him and his staff to anyone with a toothache in Portland!  

They had to shave down my front tooth to prepare it for a crown:

 

The best (and by best, I mean funniest) compliment I've ever received was, "I've never met a girl from Mississippi with all her teeth before.  You seem pretty cool."  And now that statement is false.  

..........................................................................................

"My name is Emily, I'm from Mississippi, and I don't have all my teeth."

4 comments:

jriggity said...

Ha!

A Big Smile...makes it all good..ha!

jriggity

Anonymous said...

Meh, teeth are just bones in your head. Your personality makes you who you are!

(My name is Don, I'm from Seattle, and I don't have all my teeth either. But I'll take my gifts over my flaws any day :)

Unknown said...

I hav like this can i change like normal

Unknown said...

I hav like this can i change like normal