Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fancy Footwork, Anifest, and Puppets in Prague






These are images from my latest very, very short film called Fancy Footwork, produced at Bent Image Lab. I submitted it to Anifest in Trebon, Czech Republic. I might be attending a puppet workshop in Prague, which is 2 hours away from Trebon, around the same time as the festival. Cross your fingers for me.

http://www.anifest.cz/

http://www.puppetsinprague.eu/


Going to the workshop and the festival depends on a few different factors that are now waning (financial and others). Such is life.

If it doesn't get in, and if I don't make it to Prague or Trebon this summer, I will not be terribly disappointed. I already consider the opportunity to make the film a personal triumph (because it's the first time I've ever been paid to animate!). I tried, and I might fail, but I'm happy about the trying part.

7 comments:

Elise said...

CONGRATS! That's kick ass news, Em! Can't wait to see it! Keep me posted! So happy for you, and totally deserved.

Emily D. Myers said...

Thanks Elise <3

Elise said...

Oh wow, Em. Now I'm inspired! That looks awesome. Can't wait to see it. Oh the paper damage we could do together!! lol

jriggity said...

congradulations !!!

How awesome ...and thanks for the pics!

jriggity

Emily D. Myers said...

Elise, mayhaps we should do a little piece together. Or a traveling piece that we ship back and forth, adding a little bit each time.

It could be an involved piece for SCADdraw, with all it's members. Could be fun...

Emily D. Myers said...

And thank you Jriggity. Sometimes I fall off the planet and don't do much posting here, or on SMA.

I'm always glad to hear, er read, your comments and thoughts!

Elise said...

Oooo, I'm intrigued. That's a great idea! I shall get the hamster wheel in my head rolling.